22 August 2016

Day 103 / 105 - The Taming of the Shrew


Last night, we viewed Shakespeare Carolina's performance of The Taming of the Shrew.  The artists at Shakespeare Carolina do a fabulous job of reimagining the classical cannon.  Last summer, we witnessed The Merry Wives of Windsor from a trailer park.   This summer, we were entertained with professional wrestling as we heard the notable tale of Katherine and Bianca Minola.

I read The Taming of the Shrew comedy in April.  As a result, I really knew the story line, so my children and I mapped out some characters and key scenes (posted below).  This helped tremendously because as I sat through the play last night, I knew exactly what was happening.  This is the first time I can confidently say that about a Shakespeare play in its entirety.  My exposure to The Bard has been a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment