01 April 2015

Day 78 / 104 - March Happens At The Table


Somehow this month passed with the blink of my eye.  We started the month with more snow.  Then a flood.  Then even more snow.  Finally, spring sprung.  Family visited.  My husband and I began processing a situation to reevaluate what is truly important to us.  Sickness overwhelmed me.  And, we're moving.  The move happens this summer, and we've been planning for it for sometime.  But, March brought added responsibilities as we've prepped our house for the real estate market and traveled back and forth to the city which will become our new home.  In the midst of it all, some days I managed to school my children.  Keeping track of what has been happening at the table has been an encouragement to me because I realize I haven't missed the day-to-day even during major transitions.


There's been game-playing and crafting.  (My daughter recently embraced the use-fabric-markers-on-canvas-shoes phenomenon, so take comfort in knowing the shoe on the table was being decorated and had not yet been worn.  This time.)



I mentioned before that my son is learning the Human Anatomy systems this semester mostly by drawing and labeling.  This is similar to how we've been studying Geography all year.  Regardless of the disarray at the table, these have been the two simplest subjects for him to complete because all he needs is a piece of paper and a pencil.  His Challenge A classmates have enjoyed these two subjects also.




Unrelated to education, there is one of those specialty gourmet donut bakeries near our new place of residence.  The first donut I inhaled was filled with peanut butter and banana.  It was delightful.


Finally, to end March, I took a picture last night at 11:00 pm.  I love the tea cup doodle, the Aaron Rodgers football card, and of course the moving box.  As an April Fool's Day prank, perhaps my table will be uncluttered by this evening.


Feel free to follow along and join in on Instagram (link to my profile on the right) and use the hashtag, #LifeHappensAtTheTable.

No comments:

Post a Comment