22 August 2014

Day 10 / 104 - Challenge A


Yesterday, my son began his first day of Challenge A.

Classical Conversations has three programs, Foundations, Essentials, and Challenge.  The Challenge program offers six yearly sequences that correspond with a student's middle and high school years.  The goal of the program is to develop life-long skills of learning while discovering principles within a variety of disciplines.  Students discuss issues inside an academic community with the purpose of cultivating wisdom and virtue.  Six subjects are studied annually emphasizing academic skills from the classical model of education.  Students meet weekly for seminar with a trained tutor (that's me!!) who leads discussion and models for parents how to teach and learn skills in all six subjects. 

Yesterday was a simply fantastic day.

This year will look very different for us as we embark on this new journey.  I anticipate posting regularly about our Challenge A activities and learning adventures.  It's going to be a great year.

This is me, tutoring Latin.  Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to find your blog. I will be tutoring Challenge A next year and I have been thinking how grateful I am I can glean some ideas from your journey. Thank you so much for blogging all about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! Challenge A is a blast! Best of luck ....

      Delete