23 January 2013

Day 64 / 102 - The Average Size of a Goldfish Cracker


While working with my children today on averages, I figured we might as well add in some measuring.  As an added bonus, this week their Classical Conversations math memory work has them memorizing linear equivalents (2.54 cm = 1 in, etc).  All of this was easily taught by grabbing the nearest item on the dining room table -- a bag of goldfish crackers.

In case you were curious, and can't tell by the pictures, the average size of a cracker in our two samples was 2 cm, or .901 in.

In creating this post, I also learned how to display two pictures as one.  Something that anyone who is younger, or more tech-savvy, than me is probably very capable of doing repeatedly.  This day has been wildly successful!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I've been searching all over the internet for the measurements of a goldfish cracker (we homeschoolers are very weird). Now that I have my answer, I can use it for a non-standard measuring activity that I'm working on. You can see all my free homeschooling printables (mostly younger grades) at my blog: inourpond.blogspot.com. Stop by if you have the time ;-)

    ReplyDelete