07 July 2014

Day 4 / 104 - Louisiana and Oklahoma: Check


We just returned from a 10-day road trip of the deep south.  What started as a We-should-make-a-trip-to-Louisiana-to-see-my-BFF-from-high-school, turned into a Let's-visit-the-south-and-hang-out-for-awhile-in-Austin-because-it's-so-fun vacation.


We had an ulterior motive.  My children had never been to Oklahoma or Louisiana, and I had never been to Louisiana.  At some point, we would like to visit all 50 states with our children, so we wanted to check a few more off our list.


We stopped off in Memphis and Dallas on the way down (as well as Murfreesboro, Arkansas), and briefly in Birmingham on the way home.

There's no filter on this photo of St. Louis Cathedral.
The sky just looked like that the day we were in New Orleans.

We had a great trip!!  I promise, we did more than drive up and down famous streets known for their music while endulging in regional cuisine, although my pictures seem to document only that.


Five summers ago, before a New England tour, my children crafted this quilt with my Mother-in-Law to document the states they had traveled to.  If you are unfamiliar with our entire life story, we lived out west for nine years and traveled a ton, which knocked out everything west of Colorado.  Our total count after this trip, my son: 43, my daughter: 42, and myself: 47.  (My husband has already checked off the entire continental U.S.)

No comments:

Post a Comment