30 November 2013

Day 40 / 103 - The Cleveland Museum of Art

The Cleveland Museum of Art is one of my most favorite places in the world.  In fact, if you live within several hours of the museum and don't visit occasionally (or even regularly) I believe you are truly missing out.  This museum has done more to introduce my children to the connection between History and Art than anything they could ever learn from a textbook or a class.  The museum's historical collections are beyond superb!  When I view works of art that are several hundred, or several thousand, years old, it is like I have stepped back in time and I am experiencing them in their original context.

I was debating writing another post about the museum, since I have posted about it in the past (here and here.)  But, this museum has become part of our educational lifestyle.  When we were five miles away, we visited it several times a month.  Now, we attempt to visit it several times a year.  It is always worth the trip.

Earlier this week we were in Cleveland for the Thanksgiving holiday, so we made a quick stop at the museum.  A current exhibition on display is Circle of Animals/Zodiac Heads with bronze head sculptures inspired by an 18th Century Chinese zodiac clock.  My children are pictured with their represented animal year.

By the way, general admission to the museum is always free!

No comments:

Post a Comment