12 March 2017

Day 31 / 106 - February (and before) Happens At The Table

I am still trying to figure out if I can homeschool, work, tend to my children's increasingly busy schedules, and maintain a blog.  I'll keep you posted.  I had intended to pen this post almost two weeks ago. Better late than never, I guess.


I rarely use a calendar.  However, I knew that our weekends in 2017 were full.  In January, I created a weekend only calendar on a whiteboard.  It has definitely helped our sanity. (You should see that whiteboard now!)   What's funny is the entire reason I knew I needed to get organized was for this very weekend, March 10th - 12th.  I am writing this post from the lobby of the Myrtle Beach Marriott (it's 38 degrees here by the way) because my daughter is attending a Hollywood Vibe dance convention/competition.  It's the third weekend in a row that we've traveled for dance.  Yesterday, my husband and son spent 12 hours at UNC Charlotte for my son's regional Science Olympiad tournament.  I have known all along that if we could make it through this very weekend, the rest of the spring would be smooth sailing.  I think it's the first time ever that I've anticipated a Monday morning.


Science Olympiad took over our table for a few weeks.  It really was an incredible experience.  I plan to (hopefully) post more about it. 


I posted a few weeks ago about Math.  Math has been our main focus this year.  We have done more math than ever before.  It is definitely paying off.  


And finally, we have eaten once or twice around our table.  The picture below was from Super Bowl Sunday.  


We're looking forward to ushering in spring.  #LifeHappensAtTheTable

2 comments:

  1. What have you been using for math? My youngest is staying at home longer than her siblings and I need to find a math curriculum for next year (Algebra).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tiffani ...
      We've settled on Saxon. I shared some thoughts here - http://101daysofhomeschooling.blogspot.com/2017/02/day-28-106-saxon-algebra-i.html

      Hope y'all are well!

      Delete