23 February 2015

Day 71 / 104 - Life Happens At The Table, Week Three








On Valentine's Day, it snowed eight inches.  Then the following Monday, it snowed another ten.  Our road, and our driveway, is hilly and semi-rural.  My husband was out of town.  We didn't leave the house until Friday.  Needless to say, there was some activity around our table.


My mother-in-law made a quick visit into town (and fortunately was able to escape before the worst of the snow) to help my daughter with some sewing projects.


My son is keeping track of his chores and his fitness for two different merit badges. Last week most of this, for both categories, was accumulated through 'shoveling the driveway'.


Everyday, I taped new butcher block paper to the table, and that is how we completed most of our learning.  Since we were stuck at home all week, we reviewed quite a bit.  Latin and History earned posts of their own.

We played games.

Friday, we saw the light and exited the house for a mere three hours.  Then, Saturday brought us approximately 14 more inches.  Now, our road is even more impassable and reminds me of a remote, undesirable, Siberian gravel path.  My prayer is that it is plowed sometime in the next 24 hours.  If not, this week we'll be living around our table again.

No comments:

Post a Comment