27 October 2014

Day 31 / 104 - De Herinacio


I would encourage you to spend two minutes today watching this video.  It's in Latin with English subtitles.  As I watched it with my children, we listened for any Latin vocabulary we recognized.

But, my favorite part came when my children and I quickly discovered this story came from the 13th Century Rochester Bestiary.  A quick Wikipedia search taught us that a Bestiary is an illustrated collection of animals popular during the Middle Ages.  (Illustrations were always the best in the Middle Ages !!) Each beast in the collection was accompanied with a moral lesson.  This quote, which I lifted straight from Wikipedia, explains it best:

This reflected the belief that the world itself was the Word of God, and that every living thing had its own special meaning.


Wikipedia nailed it for me today.  Simply beautiful.

Hopefully there will be more videos with this theme in the future.

[View the video by clicking on this link.  http://vimeo.com/109377646]

No comments:

Post a Comment