28 May 2014

Day 99 / 103 - Beauty and the Beast

My daughter and I made a quick trip to Dayton, Ohio yesterday to see the Broadway production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast.  This is the third time we've seen a Disney film transferred into a Broadway musical.  Like the other times, we were thoroughly impressed.  Naturally, we are quite familiar with the film, and the additional songs from the stage performance were just as delightful.

Personally, Beauty and the Beast remains one of my favorite fairy tales, and Belle has always been my favorite Disney princess.  Throughout any version of the story you clearly see the themes of forgiveness and redemption as well as Belle's ability to love the unlovable.  All characteristics that I hope my daughter will genuinely comprehend someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment