04 March 2014

Day 69 / 103 - The World Almanac For Kids Puzzler Deck

I'm not sure when I purchased this deck of world history brainteasers.  My guess would be at a bookstore in Boston when my husband was living and working there.  In 2009, I was a new home educator and stocking up on supplies that I thought would provide hours of educational entertainment.  I'm pretty sure these cards have been in a box since then until some recent spring cleaning a few weeks ago.

Now that my children are a little older, we have had the best time reading through these riddles because of our knowledge of History and Geography.  In fact, nearly every card relates back to some piece of my children's Classical Conversations memory work.  Whether it be identifying states and capitals, placing the dates of wars on a timeline, or tracing the routes of certain European explorers, all the terms are familiar to my children because they memorized this information at a young age.  Reading through these cards with my children has been like taking an advanced History/Geography final and acing it!

I'm most certain I paid much more for these cards 5 years ago, but I found them listed very inexpensively on Amazon here.

1 comment:

  1. HI! I found your blog search EEL on Pinterest. I have been refreshed just after a few minutes. Thank you for sharing! My second tour student will be glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete