08 May 2013

Day 101 / 102 - Piano

After a several month hiatus, my children returned to piano lessons late last fall.  I have been super impressed with the teacher we have located here in Beckley.  She has been such a blessing to us, and she has challenged my children in new ways, especially with some music theory.  I have seen vast improvements in their playing in just a few short months.  I am super eager for them to continue with her throughout our time in West Virginia.  Both my children played in a recital she hosted on Sunday.  They performed beautifully.  She has some amazingly talented students.

Another fun addition has been that we recently purchased a new-to-us piano.  For the few years my children have taken lessons, they've always practiced on an electronic keyboard.  We've tossed around the idea of making the major purchase more than once, but since we always seem to be moving, we've wondered if the purchase would be worth the effort it would take to move a piano in the future.  I'm so glad we made the investment.  It has encouraged my children to practice (and play!) even more.  And, they really do sound so much better on a real piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment