29 May 2012

Day 90 / 101 - Student Writing Intensive Camp

While I was at my practicum, and my daughter in her Geo-Drawing camp, my son attended a Student Writing Intensive Camp using materials from the Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW).  For the past two years, we've used IEW materials at home as part of our Essentials program with Classical Conversations.  The IEW believes that in order to succeed in every area of life, children must hone the skills needed to communicate confidently and effectively. Through the process of learning to write well, students learn how to think clearly and to express themselves eloquently and persuasively.  My son spent three days honing his writing skills and learning new writing techniques. This intensive camp covered more structures and styles as my son improved his writing and prepared for more advanced writing assignments.

I've posted earlier this year about some IEW assignments we've done at home.  A compliment came to me from one of his camp leaders who said, 'I can tell he's been working on this at home.  He seems to know quite a bit of the material'.

No comments:

Post a Comment