03 October 2011

Day 9 / 101 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


My husband began this book series before we ever had children.  My son, at 'lightning' speed, finished the series in about six weeks last year.  My daughter had been patiently waiting for the day we could begin the books together, and I told her we'd tackle the series this fall.  I have found myself lost in the pages, and even though I somewhat wish I would have started this series before now, I'm glad she and I are sharing the books together.  Here is one of my favorite quotes from book 2.

Harry (defeated):  [The Sorting Hat] only put me in Gryffindor, because I asked not to go in Slytherin.....
Dumbledore (beaming):  Exactly.  Which makes you very different from Tom Riddle.  It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
 - J. K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment